Memorial School Program Goals
Health and Physical Education K-3
Building a Foundation:
The Memorial School Health and Physical Education program is designed to develop students knowledge of healthy behaviors, life-long fitness, and sports specific skills. Students from grades K-3 will participate in a variety of activities focused on developing fundamental movement skills.
1. Develop safety practices while participating in fitness, movement, and sports activities.
2. Develop personal qualities of self-confidence, good sportsmanship, and respect for others.
3. Develop motor efficiency and coordination.
4. Develop team skills and enhance ability to participate in a wide range of leisure activities.
5. Develop an appreciation for physical fitness, healthy behaviors, and life-long fitness.
6. Enhance the development of leadership, citizenship, social, moral, and ethical values.
Be active and engage in life-long health and fitness!